----------------- Creative Writing Ideas -----------------
On our page ''Ideas for Your Writing'', we asked a very pertinent question: where do writers find ideas for their writing? We wrote that there is no ''mystery bible'' where writers harvest idea after idea, or a factory that produces ready made ideas for writers.
However, we also wrote that writers get their ideas from many sources such as dreams, imagination, observation, research, reading other books, talking and listening to people and benefitting from a bank of resources (an already established bank of ideas aimed at helping you develop as a writer.
It should be noted that a lack of creative writing ideas often lead to a writer's worst fear: Writer's Block. We've all been there. We have all sat on a desk or in front of a screen, wanting to write that next masterpiece and yet nothing happens. Yes, sometimes, it can be extremely hard to think of something to write about. Many times, we hear the phrase ''I can't think of anything to write.'' We procrastinate. We complain.
Are you one of those with this problem? We have a solution. Our duty is to provide you with something fresh - with new ideas or new angles to pursue. This page will provide you with fresh creative writing ideas and prompts that will help you stay focus and take your career to amazing new levels.
The following ideas are examples of ideas you will find on this page. These are general ideas. Our focus, however, is to compile a list of prompts for each writing genre such as fantasy, science fiction, short stories, none-fiction, children stories, romance, articles etc.
1. You were born in Sub Sahara Africa. One day, after many unsuccessful attempts to travel abroad legally, you decided to travel to Europe by land. You prepared yourself and took off. Somewhere in the Saharan Desert, the vehicle you boarded developed a fault. Everyone onboard, except you, died due to starvation. You decided you must stay alive and arrive your destination. Narrate your story.
2. You just arrived a new town which you intend to stay for a long time. You are informed the town is also inhabited by ghost. Write about your next actions.
3. You were seven years old when the people of your region rebelled against the government of your country. The government responded by deploying a military, that killed hundreds of people, and everyone in your family except you. Now you are 27, and the government is still in power. There is revenge on your mind. Tell us about it.
4. Write about your first love affair.
5. Then, I realised I just made the greatest mistake of my life.
6. If you knew you had only one week to live, what would you do?
7. You just found out that your seven year old adorable princess was not really your biological child.
8. Write about your life as a teenager.
9. What would you do if you were voted to rule your country for 33 days?
10. Write about the riskiest thing that you ever did.
We hope you enjoyed these general prompts. Kindly use the comment box below to comment or add new prompts or ideas. You can also read what others have submitted.
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!